HOW TO START A SUCCESSFUL STARTUP IN 60 DAYS
HOW TO LAUNCH & GROW ASUCCESSFUL TECH PRODUCT IN RECORD TIME
Learn how to build a startup in record time with the co-founder of Big Commerce (which did $100 million in sales last year) and 7 other tech products in which he’s used this exact launch system.
IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL DISCOVER:
- Mitch has been building software companies since he was 17, you’ll learn the exact step-by-step sytem he has used to build companies like BigCommerce into an 9-FIGURE ECOMMERCE POWERHOUSE . He’s been teaching this framework to his private clients include startups like Airtasker, FollowUpBoss, Biteable, Zookal and more.
- Mitch has invested and advised numerous companies, he also gets pitched tons of ideas. You’ll learn MITCH’S #1 METHOD TO VALIDATE YOUR PRODUCT to be successful before you even build the company.
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT: MVP vs MSP, you’ll effortlessly identify which is right for you, and how to actually get your product built without having to know a single programming code yourself.
- GETTING YOUR FIRST PAYING CUSTOMERS: This is the most important element of the pre-launch phase, you’ll learn how to leverage it to skyrocket your audience base and get your first paying customer in 60 days.
- LAUNCH FRAMEWORK: Mitch breaks down the different launch formulas you can use and actionable tactics within those strategies..
WHAT’S WAITING FOR YOU INSIDE “THE 60-DAY STARTUP”
MODULE 1: SERIOUS SHORTCUTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL STARTUP
In this module you’ll discover the often overlooked shortcuts for launching any successful startup. Many entrepreneurs skip what we discuss here and pay the price in either time, money, or unfortunately a failed company.
- The #1 mistake 99% of all tech entrepreneurs are constantly making that they think is actually “smart”.
- A must-know piece of advice Mitch shares with all of his private advisor clients that help them avoid bad, expensive, time-wasting ideas…
- How to mimic the “Slack secret” for coming up with the perfect idea and growing fast!
- How it’s 100% possible to compress a normal 3 year startup window into the next 60-days without feeling overwhelmed…
- Why you should never ever build a “to-do list” app…
- The dirty little secret the founders of Uber, Airbnb, and Slack don’t want you to know..
MODULE 2: FINDING YOUR “PAINKILLER IDEA”
In this module you’ll discover Mitch’s breakthrough process for coming up with “guaranteed winning ideas”. These lessons will give you that “x-ray vision” for quickly seeing whether any idea is worth pursuing or not.
- Why most founders get laughed out of Shark Tank when ignorantly talking about their market size…
- Mitch’s “one question” which instantly reveals if your tech idea is worth pursuing or not…
- How startups like Slack use the little-known trick of “SAM” (Serviceable Addressable Market) to build a product people are begging for…
- How to “funnel hack” your startup idea and leverage other people’s research.
- Why “killing your hypothesis” is one of the most important lessons in this course and how it almost guarantees you won’t pursue a bad idea ever again!
- Love Test: How to decide between two really good ideas? Use Mitch’s “Love Test”…
MODULE 3: VALIDATING PRODUCT DEMAND & GETTING THE MONEY
In this module you’ll discover how to pre sell your product and get cash-in-hand before your product is even built! When you can validate your idea using paying customers, you know you’ve found something big!
- Wrong! Why most founders are dead wrong when it comes to what validation is and how to effectively use it to prove out their idea…
- The #1 most powerful validation tool (without question)…
- A quick and easy email template for validating any idea you can think of!
- Sneaky trick used by those “in the know” for validating your idea from hundreds (even thousands) of perfect prospects. Warning: this may cost a little money, but 100% worth it if you really want to validate quickly! Mitch highly recommends.
- The “5 Whys Framework” that makes people nearly beg you for your product!
- The right way to use social media to validate your idea even if you don’t have a massive following…
MODULE 4: “HANDS OFF” PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT & DESIGN
In this module you’ll discover how tech products are built, who you need, when you need them, how to manage them, & roadblocks to look out for as you build your product. It’s the fastest & least expensive way I’ve found while still working with top talent.
- How to get your first paying customers before your product is built and Mitch’s “rule of thumb” on how long it should take to actually build it.
- Why you want a MSP (Minimum Viable Product) and not a MVP (Minimum Viable Product) especially when you’re bootstrapping or not raising millions in venture capital…
- A “universal truth” Mitch has discovered when it comes to working with developers and actually getting them to deliver…on time!
- How to write a job ad that attracts the absolute best designers and developers who want to work with you without breaking the bank.
- The top 5 “talent clues” to look for in any developer you’re about to hire…
- Why your job as the founder is not to design or code and to do this instead…
MODULE 5: BECOMING A VISIONARY PRODUCT MANAGER
In this module you’ll discover how to effectively manage the entire build process of your product so that you can get it released as fast as possible without wasting time and money.
- Why being a product manager and not a developer or designer is your #1 responsibility for launching your startup successfully…
- The exact “SHIP Process” that doubled a tech company revenue from $10M to $20M with no other changes!
- The 8 key responsibilities of product managers who win.
- A live roadmap from one of Mitch’s company that shows you (in real time) how he product manages and helps his team create quick results.
- How to avoid the #1 mistake most tech founders make that unnecessarily slows down the development of your product…
- Which tool Mitch suggests you use for this entire process…
MODULE 6: GETTING YOUR FIRST 100 PAYING CUSTOMERS
In this module you’ll discover Mitch’s proven process for getting your first 10, 20, or even first 100 paying customers! Simply follow the step-by-step instructions here that’ve worked time and again for both Mitch and the startups he works with!
- The in’s and out’s of doing a “closed beta” that brings cash in the door to help fund your entire build process!
- What you need to do to make “beta lists” like ProductHunt or BetaList actually work for you instead of against you…
- How to perfectly price your tech product for maximum closed beta sales…
- A single strategy that removes all risk and guarantees your customers feel completely secure giving you money…even if your idea takes longer to build than originally promised!
- Mitch’s “6-Part Launch Checklist” to know when the right time is for you to officially launch…
- How to build the perfect one-page beta website that converts visitors into prepaid customers like crazy!
MODULE 7: RECOMMENDED LAUNCH STRATEGIES
In this module you’ll discover 3 different launch strategies that have proven to work time and again. Guessing on “how to launch” can ruin all the hard work you’ve put in up until this point. So remove the guesswork and simply follow this entire framework!
- The most common and costly mistakes Mitch has seen made after watching 100’s of launches over his 18 years as a tech founder. And how to avoid them!
- The “free launch strategy” for bringing in new customers like clockwork without spending a single penny!
- Mitch’s 3 main websites for creating an almost guaranteed successful launch every time…
- How to use a “low budget” launch strategy to bring in more customers even faster. This requires you to have a little bit of money to spend obviously…
- Have a $10k-$100k launch budget? Here’s the exact framework Mitch recommends you follow…
- The #1 thing you should do immediately if you launch and the sales aren’t coming in as strongly as you hoped for…
- And so much more!
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR MITCH HARPER
Mitch Harper, the founder of BigCommerce, has not only scaled BigCommerce into a 9-Figure ecommerce powerhouse, but is also an 8-time startup founder with over $200 million in sales under his belt. In his teens, he was more excited burying his head in books like “Losing My Virginity” by Richard Branson, than playing video games. And by the time he was 13, he knew he wanted to become an entrepreneur.
Mitch has been building software companies since he was 17. He has taught his proven startup framework to his private clients since 2011 which include startups like Airtasker, FollowUpBoss, Biteable, Zookal, and more.
He launched DevArticles.com in 2001 which then was acquired by DeveloperShed for 6 figures. He was 21 at the time.
After that, he started to build web applications and in 2003 he co-founded Interspire.
From 2003 to 2008, Mitch built various web applications to help small businesses grow – including SendStudio, ActiveKB, DevEdit, and WebEdit. He bootstrapped Interspire from the proceeds of DevArticles and some money his co-founder worked as a web designer. In 5 years it was doing $7 million per year in revenue with over 50,000 customers and 250,000 email subscribers.
He then started BigCommerce with no funding or outside capital, grew it to 10,000 paying customers in the first year and raised $155 million from some of the world’s best investors, including Steve Case – the founder of AOL.
After running BigCommerce as co-CEO and growing the company from 8 people in Sydney to hundreds of employees in 4 countries, over 100,000 customers and revenue approaching $100 million he stepped down in early 2015 to focus on helping other entrepreneurs grow their businesses as CEO of Insane Growth.
Mitch’s mission is to directly impact the growth of 1 million businesses by 2027.